Ubuntu the way to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triskit

In Runtime
My roommate just bought a new labtop and gave me his old one (nice huh). Im usually a wndows guy, I run XP pro on my desktop, but I'd like to try linux on this laptop. Its a 3 year old dell. It seems to be working just fine. From looking around the internet, it looks like ubuntu is the way to go for me, but I just wanted to ask if anyone thinks that there might be one thats better for me
(college student/ windows user/ not much of a gamer)

any ideas?

For a beginner Ubuntu is the best way to go. It will allow you to get familir withthe Linux interface and commands. As they are different from Windows. But not so much that you cant work it.

Definatly the way to go, if you run into any problems there is the offical community support forums and there is also a LARGE number of Ubuntu users here. As mak said it's the beginers introduction to Linux not so different to windows as to scare off the new user but more than capable, of doing anything you want it to do.

The ubuntu forum has such a big userbase most of the questions I've asked have been answered within the time it takes to go get a coke out of the fridge...

Ubuntu's Community is where its brilliance is.

Ubuntu Forums

The ubuntu forum has such a big userbase most of the questions I've asked have been answered within the time it takes to go get a coke out of the fridge...

Ubuntu's Community is where its brilliance is.

Ubuntu Forums

when it comes to getting the maintainers to fix bugs when reported ubuntu sucks, been that way for awhile now

classic case of too many chiefs and not enough indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom