Ubuntu + VNC - end = Logout

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I run Ubuntu Desktop 11.0.4 on my server (specs in sig).

I have used VNC on it for awhile now, so I can connect to it headless. After I upgraded from 10.10, weird things started to happen.

I can connect to the other computer flawlessly via VNC. A little lag, but it still works fine. Recently when I would end the remote desktop session, Ubuntu would log out. Figured that out after I couldn't connect to it again. (have it on the VGA side of my monitor atm)

Now, i thought VNC was just acting up, so I tried a different remote desktop program. This time, TightVNC. It did the same thing. So I figured it was a setting in Ubuntu, I looked in the Remote Desktop settings, and I found nothing pertaining to that.

I never installed anything of remote desktop on Ubuntu. Just using standard Ubuntu protocols.

Anyone have a clue?

I set it to never hibernate/sleep in power settings. I don't think that is it, because if I don't use VNC for 2 weeks, it will be fine, but the minute after I use VNC, it wants to log out after the session.

OK It's doing it again, and now, I'm not even using VNC. I have looked on the Ubuntu forum, and no one seems to know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom