Ubuntu Server 16.04LTS and Apache2...

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok, I have a Ubuntu 16.04 install with Apache2 on it, and scouring what few pages come up on google has left me probably breaking things. I am using the webserver to serve up WPAD files, the three are as follows.

wpad.da
wpad.dat
proxy.pac

Apache2 has proxy.pac assigned with a MIME Type already, so browsers download it perfectly fine, but in trying to add a MIME Type for the .da and .dat files nothing has worked. Everywhere I go says edit this file, edit that file, do this, do that, but no dice. The browser never downloads, it just loads the contents of the file instead of actually using it.

I have modified /etc/apache2/apache2.conf to allow .htaccess to handle the mime types, but no dice.

I have modified /etc/mime.types to include .da and .dat, but no dice.

I have modified /etc/asd;glkjadfhg;lhajdfg

So, does anyone have a KNOWN WORKING method of getting Apache2 under Ubuntu 16.04LTS to serve those two files properly?

Seriously, if it was my choice, I wouldn't be using ubuntu... Hate it, but the school is nothing but cheap bastards that don't want to pay for something else.

Last edited:
This can be closed, seems I have to add da, dat, and pac on their own lines in both .htaccess and mime.types to be able to get it functional.

Back
Top Bottom