Ubuntu Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you enable multiverse repos and all of that garbage? I think in Hardy they come already checked off but, figured I'd throw the idea out there.

Jayce i must say thank you. I installed Kubuntu recently to get some work in with KDE since i want to use PC-BSD very soon. I figured this was easier to try out than getting my hands dirty with that.

But the thanks is for the recommendation of K3B. I have it installed and i must say WOW.

Nero pales in comparison. This software rocks. Burned a vob file with jsut a simple drag and click. Never seen anything like that before. Thank you for the advice of checking it out.

Not a problem, Sir. I'm tempted to install Ubuntu on a work computer that I have sitting around JUST for the sole purpose of copying CDs. It's just so easy it's unreal.

Keep on truckin with 'buntu, man. That series of distros is a good one to stick with.

EDIT - Mak... how'd you fix the k3b dependency problem? I looked back and didn't see how you got from "doesn't work" to "Thanks Jayce!" :p

I fixed it by installing Kubuntu. KDE dependent version instead of Gnome. ;)

Want to try using KDE for a while.

I wonder how my install differed from yours.

I literally have a bunch of programs memorized that I use and I just sit at terminal after a fresh install and knock them down one at a time.

sudo apt-get install k3b
sudo apt-get install audacity
sudo apt-get install amarok
sudo apt-get install vlc

on and on...

Man...

Well if you ever get back to Ubuntu and you tinker with k3b again and get it working, post back here. I'm curious to know what was up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom