Ubuntu Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is for KDE isnt it? I am using Gnome. If it can be used on Gnome i will give it a shot.

K3B was "meant" for KDE, the way I understand... but it works under Gnome perfectly. kTorrent is in the same boat, and it too is my favorite program when it comes to file sharing torrent applications.

Give it a shot. See how you like it.

K3B is powerful cd/dvd burner. You can use any KDE application on Gnome, but since it has been made for KDE, it uses KDE libraries, if you run it on Gnome it will have to load all the KDE libraries that it needs, which can be a lot of them, so it will need a lot more resources to run.

Well i am gonna install it now. I have Deluge for my torrent stuff. I am gonna figure out how to install FreeBSD later on this week and have that take over my Vista partition. Just have XP and 2 Linux Distros then.

Well i installed it and installed all the KDE Library files i could find in the Synaptic Package Manager but it doesnt run. Dont know anymore. I got DeVeDe and it does what i want so i guess that will do for now.

Mak FreeBSD isnt a Linux distro it is a independent Unix like OS but it has the advantage of running a fair number of linux compiled software packadges under the compatability system (i think that lives on disk 4).

So what kind of stuff does FreeBSD run? Does it have simialr software to that of Ubuntu/Windows?

Mak just type "sudo apt-get install k3b" in the terminal and apt-get will download all the dependencies if there are in the repositories.

When i did it thru the Synaptic it installed 7 different dependencies. I went in and manually installed another 14. Yet it still doesnt work. I will try via the Terminal.

Mak just type "sudo apt-get install k3b" in the terminal and apt-get will download all the dependencies if there are in the repositories.

I tried that as well. Said it couldnt find the package. Must be cause it is not added to my repositories.

Meh. I got burning things that work now. I will just stick with them. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom