ubuntu install probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know in k3b (linux burning software) it does the md5 check. But I have a feeling most people just trying linux are burning from windows, so I don't know how helpful I just was in posting this. But ah well!

No, I mean when you boot from the live cd, one of the Ubuntu menu options is to have the cd check itself for errors. I'm saying I don't know how accurate that could be, because if it burned wrong it seems that that part could be corrupted, but who knows.

The CD check that's on the CD can be helpful. Even if the CD is known to work, the CD test really checks compatibility with your PC/CD drive. That may sound odd, but I had a good CD (worked on all of my other PCs) that reported an error in one old PC's CD drive. The CD didn't work on this system, so the test basically tells you if the CD will work. But if you run it on a modern computer, then it should read fine unless the CD is bad.

That makes a little more sense :)

But I thought it said it was an actual check to see if it was burned correctly. Maybe I just can't read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom