Ubuntu display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is good to hear that you got it working. I know my Ubuntu install i was warned abou thte use of restricted drivers. Seems that they are not fully compatible with the new Ubuntu.

I have found some other interesting things. Amarok has been updated. Not sure if i like it or not. Firefox 3 Beta 5 is installed. Not sure if that is the right choice on that one.

Emerald Theme Manager does not work for me. Which is kinda disappointing. I have noticed some small glitches when using the new Ubuntu and some small freezes. But it does recognize my XBOX 360 wired controller. :D:D:D

Just have to get my Razer Diamondback mouse working now.

That is good to hear that you got it working. I know my Ubuntu install i was warned abou thte use of restricted drivers. Seems that they are not fully compatible with the new Ubuntu.

I have found some other interesting things. Amarok has been updated. Not sure if i like it or not. Firefox 3 Beta 5 is installed. Not sure if that is the right choice on that one.

Emerald Theme Manager does not work for me. Which is kinda disappointing. I have noticed some small glitches when using the new Ubuntu and some small freezes. But it does recognize my XBOX 360 wired controller. :D:D:D

Just have to get my Razer Diamondback mouse working now.

I didn't really like that FF3 beta was installed; my themes don't work for it now =\.

Good, I'm glad I'm not th eonly one who was having problems with Emerald themes, I thought it was something else that was wrong with it lol.

Odd thing is, though, I get a purple glow around all of my windows/my application and windows bars.

I think that is just a default thing now. As i have that as well.

Any idea on how to change the color at least? lol

I looked around for it a bit, and wasn't able to find out if you could...

That is easy to change colours. System>Preference>Appeareance. There you can change all those settings.

Did you install the compiz config manager thing? If you have that, it's easy to change compiz options, one of them should be menu bar shadows or something like that, it should let you change the glow or shadow effects. I noticed there's also a Compiz tray icon, it seems to work pretty well too.

Personally i have not installed the Compiz Config Manager. I will have to check that after i get Ubuntu back rolling. Had a issue with my XP install machine out of commission for a day or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom