Ubuntu Backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
ok, I'm trying to get a backup done of Ubuntu 9.04 so I can dual boot win7 and Ubuntu. currently ubuntu has a full partition of my 320GB hdd, so yeah, need to back it up, wipe it off, reinstall ubuntu and then install win7 on the other partion... reason for going with win7? simple... game and vent, plus there are some things that are not working like they do in windows. also, being the tester that I am, I want to find out what all the hype is about win7 lol. anyways, I tried using hubackup, but it will not install, get the following messages
buddy@buddy-laptop:~$ sudo aptitude install hubackup
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "hubackup"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "hubackup"
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
thusly, as instructed, I cannot find it listed in the System>Administration>Home User Backup. it does not exist. what other backup programs work well for what I am intending to do?
****EDIT****
so now I have a program but I don't know how to work it... I also read what Osirus posted before, I really need a good option for a single computer, no servers, so I can backup my music and pictures, would also like to save my added packages but I suppose I don't really need those I can make a list and reinstall those later. anything would be of much help to me!!!!!

Have you tried Clonezilla Live-CD? I use Clonezilla for single-computer backups. Just make sure you got a decent sized external hard drive to push the image to for saving purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom