Ubuntu 8.04. Low Volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
My laptop's sound card wasn't supported on Gutsy and after weeks of trying I gave up and resorted back to XP. 8.04 Heron came out the other day so I loaded it on my laptop.

Now, I have sound. Sweet!

Except, it's kind of quiet. Max volume on the onboard controls as well as in Audacious yields in an estimated max volume of about 1/3 of what XP puts out with the same controls.

What can I do?

Go to ubuntu forums and ask there?

With the new release many of us have not yet even gotten it installed let alone had a chance to mess with it in depth to answer to many questions about it right now.

Do as farinha said, or you could use gnome-volume-control. Pretty much the same thing, only with a GUI.

Go to ubuntu forums and ask there?

With the new release many of us have not yet even gotten it installed let alone had a chance to mess with it in depth to answer to many questions about it right now.

Oh, right. Mental note Jayce: Anytime something new comes out, don't even bother asking questions until everybody else does.

Scratch that. I'll take my chances.

ON TOPIC:

Yeah, I did that. Everything is maxed out.

It isnt that. I would haev been able to help you out. But even my download was corrupted and i had to redownload it. I didnt even get mine installed to give a answer to any 8.04 questions till about 3 days ago. Just the way of things when a new version is put out.

Sorry i know it stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom