Ubuntu 7.10 has been released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
A new version of the popular Linux distribution Ubuntu as well as Kubuntu and Edubuntu has been released today to the public. Users of version 7.04 can get the new version by running the Update Manager. Other users will have to download ubuntu 7.10 from the official download mirrors.
The Ubuntu Desktop Edition includes Hardware Management improvements, improved support for display systems especially for laptop users and users with multi monitor systems, an enhanced user interface, windows compatibility including full NTFS support, a desktop search and automatic integration of Firefox plugins that have been validated by Ubuntu before.
Make sure you take a look at the release notes to know what exactly has been changed. They also contain tips on common errors and compatibility issues.
Download Ubuntu 7.10
Ubuntu 7.10 Release Notes

Sorry...No idea about that.

I'm downloading Xubuntu 7.10 at the moment. Upgrading from 5.04. :D

Download speed is terrrrrrrrible, alot of people must be downloading it.

Sorry...No idea about that.

I'm downloading Xubuntu 7.10 at the moment. Upgrading from 5.04. :D

Download speed is terrrrrrrrible, alot of people must be downloading it.

That's why people use torrents.

Anyways, if there is a new version, do you have to reinstall Ubuntu or is it like service packs.

You can just upgrade, but I'm moving from Ubuntu to Xubuntu. Sure, I could instlal XFCE and all the apps manually after upgrading...but it would take a very long time.

In my case, its easier to install from scratch.

You can update, but I prefer a fresh copy of each release. I back up anything important to another partition and reformat my Linux partition. It gives a nice, fresh, clean system every 6 months which keeps PC's running great.

7.10 is a great release. I've been using it since the Beta, and even the Beta was rock solid for me.

Only problem I'm experiencing with the final release so far is my screen resolution wants to drop back down to 1280x800 instead of native 1440x900 when I startup for some reason.

I've got it downloaded. Now I've got to get it burned, resize my partition, and install it for dual boot. Maybe I'll get it done by the next release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom