Ubuntu 7.10 Beta Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Ubuntu 7.10 Beta Released

The Ubuntu official website says that developers have just released Ubuntu 7.10 beta. What's that you say? You don't know anything about Ubuntu? We didn't either until we decided to spend 30 days with Linux (Ubuntu). Go ahead, be daring and try an open source beta OS, you never know….you might like it.

The Ubuntu developers are hurrying to bring you the absolute latest and greatest software that the open source and free software communities have to offer. This is the Ubuntu 7.10 beta release, which brings a host of excellent new features. Note: This is still a beta release. Do not install it on production machines. The final stable version will be released in October 2007.

Meh. If my update fails and screws everything up one more time I'm switching to Debian.

I'm using the 7.10 Beta right now on my laptop. Amazing, I must say. Everything worked perfectly the first time. Even the Compiz Fusion themes. It's fast and seems to be plenty stable so far. Ubuntu just keeps getting better and better. It's more user friendly and easier to use than ever.

Just wondering, what exactly have they improved?

I've got my operating system just how I like it. I hate how every time I update I have to go around changing stuff back to how I had it.

Most everything on that list either looks pointless or is easy to do on your own.

Most everything on that list either looks pointless or is easy to do on your own.
Pointless? Not really. Easy? Says who? The fact is, Ubuntu is already the best out of the box Linux distro and is only getting better with every release.

After the guide to installing ATi 8.41.7 drivers failed HORRIBLY on my 7.04 computer with Radeon X1600Pro, instead of reinstalling 7.04, I'm just going to install 7.10 beta :). I'm downloading the ISO now and will install when it's done.

Hopefully there will be a repository package in 7.10 eventually for AIGLX-supporting Radeon X series drivers when they come out...XGL is a pain just for Beryl, and it doesn't even work right.

After the guide to installing ATi 8.41.7 drivers failed HORRIBLY on my 7.04 computer with Radeon X1600Pro, instead of reinstalling 7.04, I'm just going to install 7.10 beta :). I'm downloading the ISO now and will install when it's done.

Hopefully there will be a repository package in 7.10 eventually for AIGLX-supporting Radeon X series drivers when they come out...XGL is a pain just for Beryl, and it doesn't even work right.
ATI driver support in Linux is horrible. I messed with it once...never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom