Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm upgrading right now. I'll write back with problems and imressions.

Speeds are slow and it'll take me about 9 hours!

Yeah, I would imagine a lot of people are downloading it right now. Me included. :)

A lot of people on the Ubuntu forums are saying boot up times are a lot quicker with 6.10.

I think one of the best things about 6.10 is the fact that it already has AIGLX installed. Which means I can get rid of XGL. :)

Yes, XGL can go away now!!! I can't wait to see the new Gnome 2.16! We'll see, hopefully everything goes as smoothly as Breezy to Dapper did.

Uhh, you realize you can just modify your /etc/apt/sources.list* and do apt-get update, then apt-get dist-upgrade, right? There is no reason to download the new disc. :mad:

*Change any instance of "dapper" to "edgy" and save it.

The General said:
Uhh, you realize you can just modify your /etc/apt/sources.list* and do apt-get update, then apt-get dist-upgrade, right? There is no reason to download the new disc. :mad:

*Change any instance of "dapper" to "edgy" and save it.
I'm downloading the disc then using it to do an upgrade. I want to have the disc to be able to use to install on other computers.

Besides, if I just wanted to do an upgrade without downloading the ISO, it's a lot easier than the way you did it.

Code:
gksu "update-manager -c"

Code:
gksu "update-manager -c"

That's what I did. Speeds are expected to be slow anyway because there's thousands of people doing the same thing anyway. Stop being a smart-*** General.

^ Better than being a dumb-***. :D

And the update-manager is for noobs. I dpkg -P'd that crap as soon as I installed. Same with the update-notifier.

There is no reason to use a mouse if you don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom