Ubuntu 5.10 won't install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to install Breezy Badger and am having problems. I get to the main screen that says press enter for normal installation. I push enter and it loads a bunch of things across the screen. After that, the screen looks like this and stays there.

Picture053.jpg

I've been having some issues with Ubuntu too...not similiar like yours..I would say ditch Ubuntu and try another distro if you want. Find the right one that will work with your hardware.

Law said:
I've been having some issues with Ubuntu too...not similiar like yours..I would say ditch Ubuntu and try another distro if you want. Find the right one that will work with your hardware.
I've had this exact same installation on this laptop before though. It's the same CD and everything. CD isn't scratched or damaged either.

Yeah, but this EXACT same installation worked fine on my computer before.

I think I'm gonna download Dapper Drake (6.06) and see if it works out. If not, I'm gonna try Kubuntu. Even though it's still Ubuntu, just with KDE instead of GNOME.

I've installed Ubuntu numerous, numerous times and never have come across an issue like that. In fact, I've never even heard about it and I'm on the ubuntu forums quite a few times a day.

I have heard that previous versions of Ubuntu, such as breezy, had quite a few qwirks. I'm still trying to figure out why you're installing breezy when dapper is right there in front of you...

Some people have told me that the Ubuntu community used to get a bunch of sh*t from fans of other distros. Then when Dapper came out, it kinda slammed the fist down and pointed in laughter at everybody else because of how much an upgrade Dapper was.

That's just what I've heard. I've never used Breezy, though. When I was distro-hunting to start on Linux I just went with the most recent version, which was Dapper.

Let us know how Dapper goes for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom