Ubuntu 11.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
Have never used Linux before but not being able to see my windows install under devices. Strangely enough it can see my entire music partition. Need to see windows in devices though, so can access my windows files from Ubuntu. Does anyone have any ideas why im going wrong?

yep - cant see my c partition. Was looking under the devices section - it sees my music partition but doesnt seem to show my c partition and need access to it.

yep, tried looking for computer but no luck. Ive got system reserved and music as the only 2 devices but no sign of windows anywhere.

Nor will it download updates through update manager, its saying check your connection but can access the internet ok through ubuntu. maybe its related i dont know.

Cool - your help made me find it. It was located under "host", from there i just go into my user folder and get access to my windows files. Noticed another fault though - my internet connection seems a lot slower through ubuntu and the update manager is saying failed to connect to download required updates,. any ideas for this one?
cheers.

I never noticed any slowdowns in ethernet connections, with Ubuntu or any distro. Run the app "Additional Drivers". Anything come up?

2nd problem with the internet connection now resolved. For anyone whos having the same problem, all I did was:-

Start "Ubuntu Software Center". Then: Edit -> Software Sources. On the dropdown select another country / server. (United Kingdom in my instance)

This allowed the update manager to dload and install the packages. Internet connection appears to be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom