Ubuntu 10.04 Toshiba L305-S5941 Touchpad Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

synthesitis

Baseband Member
Hi Guys,

You've always made my problems go away in the past. I recently installed Ubuntu 10.04 on the above mentioned laptop. Left click on touchpad doesn't work and tap click only works intermittently. I know its not a hardware problem because touchpad was working great in vista before the reformat. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Damian

How did you install Ubuntu? Was it through wubi, update from previous Ubuntu version, or a fresh install?

Do you have any other buttons on the laptop that are dedicated to multimedia use or anything of that nature? If so, do they work?

I did not find your EXACT laptop on UbuntuHCL, but I found a few L305's that were listed as completely compatible. Hmm....

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had done a fresh install of the OS.

There are some multimedia buttons up top that do not seem to work. I.E. play, pause, seek buttons. The volume wheel on the side of the laptop appears to work fine however. If there is a way to disable those multimedia buttons, do you think they could be interfering with the trackpad?

Hmm, I'm really not sure to be honest. I've never had buttons just not work like that. If you go into System - Preferences - Keyboard Shortcuts, can you still map those buttons out accordingly to handle those tasks? I'm just curious if it's missing the mapping for "this key does this particular function" or if the keys are flat out not detected whatsoever by the OS.

Hey Man,

I went into the keyboard shortcuts and saw all of the buttons were allocated correctly. They do work after all. The touchpad however still doesn't work properly. Any more ideas?

To what extent does the trackpad work/not work?

Can you move the mouse cursor around?

Can you tap the touchpad twice really quick to select an item?

Do either the left or right button work?

The left click button doesn't work. Tapping only works intermittently. When the gui starts it usually loads with a selection box. As if the left click is being held down. When I plug in a usb mouse the left click will not work on that either. When touchpad is disabled in bios the usb left click will work. I don't think it is a problem with the touchpad itself because it was working fine on windows vista before I reformatted the machine. I guess there is always the possibility that the left click button could have gone bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom