Ubuntu 10.04 Hit by Major Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Ubuntu 10.04 Hit by Major Bug

Phoronix says that Ubuntu 10.04 was hit by a major bug on launch day. Apparently there is an issue with not being able to boot to another OS once Ubuntu 10.04 is installed. The Ubuntu developers and the folks at Canonical are working on the problem now.

Last week they were then hit by a serious memory leaking issue within the X.Org Server, which fortunately has now been fixed in time for the release. But now we are onto a new issue. Rather than the Canonical crew and Ubuntu developers around the world spending today celebrating the release of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, they are busy re-spinning some of the ISOs due to a new "critical" bug.

Worked fine for me. The Betas, however, did not. I couldn't even install the Betas. Nor could I install the 32-bit version. Only the 64 bit worked :tongue:

It worked for me, however I had my laptop with the RC version. I hadn't done any installs with the final version yet. Perhaps before I upgrade all my systems I'll do a quick re-download of any updated re-spins that they might have on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom