Trying to reinstall linux suse 10.1 grub but getting a login command

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
hey i was getting a error message 17 at boot up and this means that the boot loader "grub" needed to be reinstalled
soo i booted up the pc with the cd and ran the rescue system part of cd, then after it ran all those check things at the black screen it asked for a login user and password. i dont think i added a login lock of any kind,
what login am i suppose to type?

heh the funny thing is
its on and extremely low end and old pc that im just experimenting on ofcourse, AND so i left it on the install came back a few hours later with a missing operating system on screen,
found out the problem was the partions and now im reinstalling it all cuz i ended up messin with the grub boot loader and the fixes didnt work ( error 17 and error 22) on didfferent fixes so now im reinstalling it,
o by the way im going to use this os on a better pc ill build soon, and i want to ask if this is good for hosting as a web server and counter strike source server?

I don't know about Counter Strike, but you can run apache2. YaST has a gui configuration, makes it simple for some people to setup apache2 for your web server.

HM
ill check that out
and if anyone knows about the games server hosting on this os, tell me if its good hmmmm........i still dont know how to install it yet
small potatoe anyways......im installing it again now, its been installing for 3 hours now:(
lol
slow aZZ $2 computer,(experimental)
peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom