Trouble dual booting xp and ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkbar

In Runtime
I downloaded Ubuntu for amd 64 bit cpu ( i have amd 64 bit 4000+) and burnt it as an iso file. Rebooted and booted from disk... When i did that though I ran the installation and then the installation freezes and does not continue... Does anyone have any ideas or has this happened to anyone else.... Please any input is appreciated

I had this problem when I tried to install it on my old maxtor ide, have you got any other drives lying around?

No :/ I have 2 Maxtor IDE 78 gigs that I partitioned 4 times... Im trying to download the x86 architecture os... I got the one for the 64 bit cpu... but Im going to try the regular one... Worst case it just will downgrade it to 32 bit right?

Well most people do run 32-bit as 64-bit windows was always nutoriusly bad for driver and program compatibilty, I always used 32-bit linux even though my CPU is a amd 64x2.

I was using the 64 bit version of ubuntu, and never had the problem you have. Honestly, there was very little I couldn't find that I wanted for 64bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom