trouble double booting need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pts2800

In Runtime
i got a copy of ubuntu version 6.06 from my friend, i go to install it on my computer by changing the partitions around with the program ubuntu comes with. it installs but when i restart i get a blue screen. so i reformat, and try again selecting "use available free space" or something like that, and i get another blue screen, ending up having to reformat again.

i recently got ubuntu version 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition, hoping that will solve the problem, but I'm scared of trying to install it again, and suggestions for why it did this? or am i installing it wrong? or was it just the version.

I'm trying to double boot with, win xp media edition

Hello,

Are you getting a BSOD on Windows or Linux?

Cheers,
Mak

Then this is not related to Linux. This is a Windows issue. What does the BSOD say? Can you get into Safe Mode? Can you use :ast Known Good Configuration?

Cheers,
Mak

it said it was missing a system 32 file, and i could not bott saffe mode or last known good configuration

just a thought do you think that it might be because im using a dell? because everything i wanna do with this comeputer i cant because of that fact

Hello,

It is not because you are uding a Dell. I am running a Dimension 8400 right now with a triple boot. Windows XP.Server 2008/Ubuntu 8.04 and i have no problems.

Try doing a Windows repair install.

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom