trouble after successful(?) freeBSD install

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzfan

In Runtime
i am having some trouble, but i dont exactly know what the problem is, but i hope an expert here can help me out. i spent a few hours installing freeBSD 5.something on my pentium 2 machine, and i got to the end, where i created the root acount and another account, then it kind off finished ( ithink it was complete) it told me it would reboot and i should make sure to remove the floppy or cd, i was using a CD if it matters, then it rebooted, and it came up in the screen i saw when i first started the isntall, it had a list of 8-10 ways to boot, in safe mode, with usb keyboar, normal, etc, idk the rest of the options, but anyways i tried all of those, then it goes threw a lot of text, auto checks, or whatever, and then i come to the place to log in, i log in, i tried with both my root and a user name, and it then brings me to a screen that doesnt say there is an error, but it just says somethign about where to get technical support and something about a -a command and man man. and then the place i can type jsut has the $ sign. is this normal am i just missing something? or is there an error? i try typing man man to see the manual but i dont see anythign helpful, thanks for the help.
Edit/Delete Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom