Triple Boot..hmm..wait..how about 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intercodes

Daemon Poster
Hiya,

Iam currently running windows XP dual with Fedora core 3. Iam thinking of formatting both my sata and ide hard drive.

I would like to set a triple boot ,

*windows XP pro
*Fedora core 3
*Free BSD 5.3 or Slackware 10

I wud like to know whether to install FreeBSD or Slackware 10. And will there be any problem with this triple boot setup? which order should i install? And finally, can i install all the 4 of em? :rolleyes:

I did a 5 OS boot. I don't know if there's a bootmanager that supports all 4 of your OS. I would hide all partitions except the one you are installing to and install a bootmanager on XP. I would put XP on the very first partition on your first HD to make sure it can see all other OS's. But I am not sure about FreeBSD and Linux filesystems. Maybe u should use Linux as primary OS+ bootloader.

TheMajor,

Thanks for the reply major.
Maybe u should use Linux as primary OS+ bootloader.
Naaah, Its not just me using this computer. I have a elder bro, he always sticks to XP. If this comp was only for me ,i wud put linux as my primary OS.

One of my friend's uncle's computer could boot into over 15 different Os's. He worked for the government though so they probably have something special.

all u need for 15 OS are 4 HD's.

How do you calculate that? is there a limit on number of OS that you can put on a single HDD?

----------
Note: Iam still using my old setup, have to format and make a triple :rolleyes:

Only 4 OS per HD cause u can only make 4 primary partitions and you can only boot from a primary partition cause a logical partition is basically a part of a primary partition and does not have its own VBR. Logical partitions are linked together like clusters on an NTFS partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom