Tight VNC remote help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike9182

In Runtime
Does anyone know how to use tightvnc to remotely assist someone with a computer problem? The way of doing this is by sending them an executable so all they have to do is click on it and after that you are given control. I know this is possible, but am not sure how.

This is going to be hard at work cause it'll be all from memory, but I downloaded tightvnc that the clients use (which I think is actually the server), and that's where the clients can configure whatever they need to. Trick is at home, I set up each account individually for tightvnc, and dropped it in the auto start folder for XP so it automatically launches it when the computers boot up.

Then within Ubuntu I just fired up the remote desktop viewer application and put in the IP of the computers I wanted to remote so, and I could do that just fine.

Hope this helps...

The executable sent to them must not require setup and they must be able to simply click on it without setting anything up.

I don't remember such a thing. You have to set up the server on the computer you want to view and probably the router on that end. Anything else would require some kind of JIT compiler and a dial-back arrangement which all sounds like a security nightmare.

Would this be possible with realVNC? Also, in this case the software will not be used across the internet, it will be used in a local network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom