Thoughts on Linux migration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Linus is a joker an is known to be so during the Red Hat IPO him an I think it was Dave Watts (think i am worng) where in the waiting room before the first sales of the day and some one turned to linus an said "when you where creating this thing did you ever think it would be the theam of the day on CNN? " linus tuned to him an said "Oh yes" apparently with a cocky little grin on his finish face....

An Mak are we really going to go publick with our NT vs *nix arguments? really you want to subject the people to that much horror? I mean come on man think of the children WONT SOME BODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

I have thought of the children. That is why my child will never be allowed on sites where i have argued. :p

I think that Linus could have possibly "pulled a Bill Gates" and pushed Linux into a quasi- lucrative thing. Instead, he gave the kernel away for free, insisting only that the kernel remain intact. What a nice dude ! Maybe the cocky grin in that interview was that he knew Linux would do well on it own merits, and people would appreciate the freedom they have using it.

Linus had his own licence at first an not the GPL, it's when he an others looked around and found the bit's of the GNU project linux as we know today was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom