ThinkPad issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
I have an IBM ThinkPad A21p laptop, it's a Pentium 3 850MHz with 512MB RAM, ATi Rage Mobility 128 M3 graphics. I installed Ubuntu on it a while ago. Since it's a ThinkPad, I wanted to make use of the ThinkPad features of Linux, such as the ability to blink the ThinkLight (little keyboard LED in the screen) when you get a new message in Gaim or blink it to the music on XMMS. I used to have it working, but after numerous updates, it doesn't work anymore.

1) How do I get the ThinkLight functions to work again? I tried reinstalling the thinkpad module (forget what it's called). The GUI shows notifications for volume up/down and brightness up/down, but the ThinkLight plugins don't work.

2) How do I use the 3rd mouse button in Ubuntu? Is it possible to make the 3rd mouse button function as it does in Windows? The Windows TrackPoint driver changes the function of the pointing stick from mouse to scroll wheel when you press the 3rd mouse button. Can this be done in Ubuntu?

3) Can you use the TV In and Out ports in Ubuntu? It has S-Video in-and out- ports. The device is an ATi Mobility Rage 128 M3, and it has a capture device (in Windows) called "Philips PhilDec". If so, is there an easy way to switch between using it and not using it (not re-editing xorg.conf every time you want to use or not use the TV)?

Mainly I'm concerned with 1 and 2, question 3 is most likely No, from what I've found there isn't a driver for the card yet, but I'd like to be able to scroll, and I know the ThinkLight's possible; it used to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom