Strange and unacceptable graphics glitch in 1Mandrake linux 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
well do the above and see what happens, that should fix your ssh and ftp problems, those are instructions are for the console, logged in or su'd to root, you can do ps x and it will list whats running, keep in mind as root it will show what you need to see, daemons wont show as a reg user with ps x

not sure where apache's config file is, /etc/apache.conf (I think) cant be too hard to find it

I used to avoid the console, now its my best friend, I suspect most folks go thru the same thing, some things a windowed app is great, sometimes not

hmm, may not be installed, should be though, thats weird

try man iptables and see what if anything it says, no man page means definitley not installed, it might use the old ipchains but I highly doubt it,im not entirely sure what mandrake comes with,it may be called something else, cant imagine its not there though, never seen a disro that didnt have it......<scratching head>, dunno what to tell you, you can check with ps x and see if the services are up, the try to connect from the outside and see if they are working at least, they should work fine if the packet forwarding is turned off and there's no ruleset, but youve set some security settings, not sure how mandrake handles that to be honest.

hint just for your help:
when your using the console, just typing the first 3 letters or so of a command then the tab key will autocomplete and/or show what possibilities there are when you hit the tab key a couple times, useful for poking around and seeing what something is called and whats available command wise

I checked for a man page before I ran the command, and nothing. I did forget about the tab function (I love it, I keep wanting to do it windows). I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom