sound with linux help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ya, forgot you got rid of windows machine didnt you?

thought you still had it, would be easy to network the two together and justmove the files over to the slackware pc

try mount -t ntfs /dev/hdb /home/ubertoast/windowsdrive

also here's a new trick for you

type man mount

linux has onboard documentation, anytime you need the syntax or need toknow what a command does, type man <commnadname> and it will pop up

oh ok, dual boot, ok they just need mounted then-------->been helping too many folks, im getting confused :)

lol, this is what i put befor
mount /dev/hdb /home/ubertoast/windowsdrive
this is what i was supposed
mount /dev/hdb1 /home/ubertoast/windowsdrive
its fine now. i gota download mplayer now, unless u know any better one?

no, but GO HERE------> http://www.linuxpackages.net

search for mplayer upper left hand box, this a slackware linux site :)
packages ready to go, d/l it, then as root type installpkg mplayer(tab)........hitting tab during a command will fill in the rest automatically

then google for mplayer and get all the codecs and install those in /usr/local/lib/codecs and you will be good to go

uhhh, i installed it with the package i think, well i did both, lol, and when i click on it, nothing happens, i c the mplayer thing come on the task bar, and the mouse with the sand waiting thing, then it poofs

mplayer is command line------

type mplayer <filename> from konsole or xterm or any terminal

type man mplayer for instructions

0 increasses volume
9 decreases volume
arrow keys fast forward/rewind
f goes to full screen
esc kills it
p for pause
etc etc

uhh, ok this is what i did, tell me if i screwed up:
ok i downloaded the MPlayer-1.0pre5.tar.bz2 or w/e.
I right click, and extraxt here
then i cd to it, and i type ./configure
then make
then make install
When i click on the mplayer link/icon or w/e thats in the multimedia section, it wont open...

from konsole type mplayer <filename>

its NOT a prgram that has a GUI window, all your gonna see is a picture with the movie or whatver playing in it

clicking on it with your mouse wont work

clicking on a media file thats associated may work, chances are the KDEmedia player will play it instead though, dont remeber what the KDEmedia player is called, kaboodle er something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom