sound with linux help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe, man thanks so much, i think this optical prob gona be a pain, but man im so happy, iv learned SOO much in the last 2 days with slackware!!!

It gets better from here on out, Ive been a linux user for a LONG time, watched it grow up from a hobby project to a useful and stable OS, Im still learning !!

hehe, always some cool to learn. Hm well i think ima settle with the sound now, it is a home theater system :D

OH YA forgot to ask u, how do i mount my ntfs drives, i got like 200 mp3s... :D thanks man

Thanks a ton for all the help bro

VIVA LINUX :D

oh yea, and i cant read or regocnize my cd rw drive either :( could use some help there.

you can mount them but read only........NO writing

make a directory where you want them......like /home/utoast/windowsdrive

mkdir /home/utoast/windowsdrive
then mount /dev/hd? /home/utoast/windowsdrive

did slackware ask you if you wanted them mounted at start up during your install, if so they are already on there.

do: pico /etc/fstab and see if they are listed

they are NTFS so you may have probs, the NTFS filesystem modules need installed if they arent on there

which cable is your cdrw on, it needs listed in /etc/fstab too

fstab is where drives are listed tobe mounted at boot time

youmay have to also change grub or LILO and add a line thats like this:

append "hd?=ide-scsi" where ? is the letter for that drive like hdc for example

ok 1st at install it asked to add them, i said no to not get complications, and what do u mean by install network cards and transfer what?

hmm i made the directory, then when i type mount /dev/hdb /home/ubertoast/windowsdrive
it sais to give the file system format or w/e
hdb is my 2nd hd with all my songs n shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom