so many distros....

Status
Not open for further replies.

winblowz

In Runtime
I never thought I'd be asking this. Its been asked before. What is the easiest distro, with the most tools, and support? (aside from redhat?)

I'm looking for a distro that easy to install, and maintain. I also need something with gnome support, and samba for networking with winblowz users. Also AMD support. thanks a whole lot
:)
al

When it comes to an easy distro the big players would be the best answer. FedoraCore2 is alright altho I did get a chance to look at the new suse 9.1 professional and its very nice. Suse personal 9.1 seems to be about the same and has very good hardware compatability. I've also herd good things about debian and mandrake. The only thing I can really say is that linux is linux no matter the distro. Witch ever case you choose theres going to be some time needed to adjust to the change. If its your first time /w linux then get ready for a shock :) Hope this helps some

As a linux newbie, I installed SuSe 9, and thought I had made too many mistakes as it was far too easy to install. Networking to a windows machine was done during installation, and was a breeze! SuSE uses both KDE and Gnome and includes Samba 3.0

I only took a shot at it as it was on a CD I found, and I haven't looked back since!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom