slitaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it was made to install or save changes.

"SliTaz is a free operating system, working completely in RAM and booting from removable media such as a cdrom or USB key. SliTaz is distributed as a LiveCD, and weighs less than 30MB."
SliTaz GNU/Linux (en)

do you know of a linux i could use on my 2gig flash ddrive and still be able to use the app manager cuzz i had linux mint it was working fine but evertime i tried to install a app it would just sit there but ima try reinstalling it again

Live CD distros are read-only, so they'll execute and run accordingly but they do not work in the same manner as a regular operating system where you save stuff and use it for whatever. I tend to use Live CDs for troubleshooting (in fact, a Live CD a few minutes ago bailed me out of a serious Windows jam). But to "create" a user, to "save" a file, that's all being dynamically saved in the RAM. What happens to RAM when the system shuts off? Buhbyes.

Live CD distros are read-only, so they'll execute and run accordingly but they do not work in the same manner as a regular operating system where you save stuff and use it for whatever. I tend to use Live CDs for troubleshooting (in fact, a Live CD a few minutes ago bailed me out of a serious Windows jam). But to "create" a user, to "save" a file, that's all being dynamically saved in the RAM. What happens to RAM when the system shuts off? Buhbyes.
There goes your answer ^, basically no. Unless you 'installed' it on your flash, which I'm not totally sure would be quite handy. You have to install Linux for it to save profiles and stuff of that sort. As said above, by my Linux hero, everything you do on a Live Distro is saved in RAM...once the PC shuts off, its all gone.

well i got it on my flash drive but just deleted it and installed linux mint again and goin to try the package manager again and hopefully it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom