Should I trust Linux as OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't have to do anything special to burn it.

I don't know much about nero. ImgBurn is free and it has never failed me, though.

After 5 coasters I got it to work. Although it told me it failed the disc did install and is working. New problem. When signing into Ub with username and pw the lettering is so small I can't make it out. Also when browsing with FF it's the same thing very small print. Why is this???? How do I fix it???

This is going to take some getting use to. I miss My Computer and all the other icons on DT. Can I make this act more like Win?

Thanks guys.

You will haev to adjust your screen resolution. That should fix your font issue.

Ubuntu already acts like Windows more than any other Linux distro. The only other thing you can do is install Emerald and go to gnome-looks.org and download a Windows theme.

Windows Refugees might find KDE more appealing than Gnome...but I personally <3 gnome.

you can...

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

to get all the KDE related things of Kubuntu and have both, then just choose "Kde" from the sessions at login.

There is also XPDE, but I hear it sucks.

Ubuntu kicks arse. Its so easy to use even for a complete linux noob like me :). Also the desktop environment is so easy to customise, and it runs very quickly aswell :)

That is one of the many beautiful aspects of Linux, speed it isnt a resource hog.

What is the res on default? This lettering is so small I can't even read it at the top of the ff browser window and the min/max buttons top right corner are barely visable. How do I set the res in Ub? I tried right clicking on the Dtop but nothing got me there. Looks like I'm Microsoft windowfied.

Some how by accident I managed to put an icon for my main drive on the Dtop. I miss My Computer icon.. Where is the best place to learn how to use this Ub right??

The ubuntu forums has lots of tutorials on for new users.

Your resolution problem can be fixed by, System> Preferences> Screen Resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom