Serious Linux Security Flaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
There will never be a 'Year of Linux' on the desktop OS | TechRepublic Out Loud | TechRepublic.com

It's time for the Linux community to step up to the plate and admit “We've still got some serious issues!” instead of directing the blame elsewhere with accusations like, “It must be your fault!” But the truth is, I didn't do anything to make my Ubuntu box occasionally display windows that should be hidden behind a locked screensaver. That's a significant Linux security issue – one that Microsoft or Apple would respond to aggressively, and one that, from the looks of things, Ubuntu may not even have acknowledged exists.

funny, i never heard of this until now. there's a link to the flaw in the article linked above

I've never heard about it either. I even did a quick scan of the Ubuntu forums and nobody else has brought anything up on forums that I've seen. *shrug*

I had to laugh to myself though about the "If this was Microsoft or Apple, the issue would have been promptly fixed!" Kind of hard to say that as a "matter of fact" standpoint when there's been situations in the past for both parties that updates have lagged to come about as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom