Screen Not Locking After Flashing ROM Android

battleof3

Baseband Member
Well, I flashed the GPE Customized 4.4.4 ROM onto my Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint, SPH-L720), and I'm very happy with it. However, even though I set it to lock on power button, it just won't do it. And it's killing my battery, even after underclocking the CPU, and recalibrating the battery. I do not want to go back to stock, and prefer to stay on the GPE ROM I have now. However, if there's no other solution, and only if that's the case, I will go to a different ROM.

The screen not locking wouldn't cause battery drain. Or do you mean the screen itself isn't turning off?

When did you flash the ROM? Usually you need to wait a few days for the ROM to "settle" and then battery life will improve/go normal. I know the couple days after flashing a new ROM for me the battery life is fairly bad until everything finishes syncing data/other ROM operations finish for the first time.

Are you sure it's not just a wakelock that's keeping the device awake? Download BetterBatteryStats and see if you're getting kernel/CPU wakelocks.

You could also always try wiping (including /system partition!) / reflashing the ROM to see if something possibly messed up during the flash (can possibly happen). Or try a different ROM for a few days to see if battery life is bad on there as well.

The app gave me no wakelocks, and the ROM has been on my phone for a week. The pattern lock appears after booting up the phone, but when I press the power button to lock it, even though it's supposed to immediately lock the device, it doesn't. And it does effect battery, as when the phone is locked for a certain amount of time, it goes into sleep mode, running only vital processes and SMS. Besides, it's not so much the battery life I'm worried about than someone picking up my phone and having access to everything.

Is anybody else for that ROM having similar issues? Check out the ROM's thread on XDA and see if anybody else is or not.

I'd try a fresh reflash though (again, make sure you wipe /system as well as /data, /cache, and dalvik, as not doing that tends to cause issues).

Okay. I'm more savvy than I sound, I promise. It's just the little things like this that get to me. :p

Anyways, I'll check back with you tomorrow if I'm able. Cheers, mate. G'night.

Okay. I'm more savvy than I sound, I promise. It's just the little things like this that get to me. :p

Anyways, I'll check back with you tomorrow if I'm able. Cheers, mate. G'night.

I assume not everyone is savvy to begin with ;). Better than giving advanced instructions and people not knowing what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom