Running a virtually mounted ISO file

danhodge

In Runtime
Okay, so I'm on Linux Mint, and I have an ISO file mounted. I haven't got any idea in how to use the command prompt (still a Linux rookie), and for some reason I just can't get this ISO file to actually run.
I'm used to being able to double click, but that just opens up the actual files inside it.

So, is there some way to actually run it? If it is a command prompt I need to do, then the more detailed the instructions, the better. Unfortunately, this is pretty much me leaving Linux. I have loved Mint, but I can't get Unity/UDK/a decent alternative for Linux, and Wine is just stressing me out.

Thanks a lot,
Danny

I just right clicked it and selected 'Disk Image Mounter', so I assume its on the HDD.

I mean your base Operating System. Is it an installed version of Linux or are you running your OS off of a live CD?

Better yet, is this CD something that can be operated from within the Linux OS? Sounds like it is software of some kind, so are you sure that it can be installed and operated from within Linux? If it is a Windows only based software, nothing you can do within Linux will make it auto run by just mounting it. You will need to use Wine in order to make Windows software operate.

Well, it is Windows itself. I have gone into it myself, and ran the setup file with Wine, but when I try to install, I get the error:

Cannot find a location to store temporary installation files. To install Windows, make sure that a partition on our boot disk has at least 814 megabytes of free space

My hard drive has 350GB left, so I think it is just struggling to navigate the OS...

Back
Top Bottom