Run 2 Partitions w/ XP and Fedora4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Which do I install first? Out of XP Pro, or Fedora Core 4, do I install grub or no? I do not know this is my first time doing this. I want to have it prompt me for which one to boot into. But I won't them both on there I can paritiion the drive an 80gb into 2x40gbs partition for each or w/e. How would I do this... Currently I installed linux first, and I can't install XP now,,, it just boots straight to Linux, if I put in my XP CD I get the PRESS AND KEY TO BOOT FROM CD and I do... then it says SETUP INSPECTING HARDWARE CONFIG... and then it loads for about 5-10 seconsd and then the screen just goes black and acts like its loading something but its not,.... its really stupid and im lost and mad. HELP PLZ!

Typically, Windows is installed first. This is because it has a tendency to overwrite the Master Boot Record and assume that only Windows is on the computer. Also, Windows has huge problems with Linux formatted partitions.

Since you already installed Linux, you're going to have to manually delete the partitions. Then install Windows, have it partition only 40 Gig. Then install Fedora. I would let it automatically format the remaining 40 Gig, because there will be a swap partitional, a / partition, and a home partition. You will also have to install Grub, so that you can choose which OS you want the computer to boot into. I would suggest installing it to the MBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom