Removing Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Windows XP CD go to the recovery conolse and type fixboot and fixmbr. If it is Windows Vista then insert the DVD and and when it shows the Install Now button look to the lower left corner of that Window. You will see the option to Repair your PC. Click that. From there use the Boot or Startup Repair. That will give you back the BCD to boot directly into Windows.

At least those are the ways i know of to recover Windows.

should i try formatting again cos im not bothered about loosing my files as I only formatted today

Hands down easiest way to solve your problem if you don't care about losing files or reisntalling the OS

As a side note: does anyone else get the feeling that Linux is like the mob? Try uninstalling it and you'll have people popping up out of the woodwork with a grand inquisition. :)

well i am doing a repair install of XP, i tried fixboot then fixmbr but they had no effect :confused:

and I do agree with you there mBernhardt, why cant you just format and its gone? lol

yes I love it too but I dont like having a dual booting system, I would run it on my two other pcs but they need new parts :)

that's the beauty of Linux nick you don't need a A+ system speck to reliably run Linux. **** have you got a spare USB stick lying around? if you have try DSL it will give you a chance to use linux an not have to dual boot it :)

I only have one memory stick which is a 2GB one but it has my school work on it, I need a new socket 478 mobo and a cheap PSU, I have a 40GB HD and an 80GB Hard drive which im going to put in this old PC I have and run it on there :)
Ohh and I can use my old Ati 9250 AGP :D

As I said linux is beautiful for giving old hardware a new lease of life, I am planing on giving a old laptop I have knocking around a life again with DSL. Its currently running Win98 sp1 (god that OS sucks) best thing is I just got a new battery for it so I will be able to use it again as a nice little email an surfing computer. Or i will donate it to a local school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom