reading windows files

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
how do i find my windows xp files in the new suse linux evaluation cd. ive tried looking under the dev dir. and looking for hda but it asks me what to open it with and i cant open it with konqueror. do i need to mount my hd or what is the deal. im very new at this so maybe im doing it all wrong so please help. thank you
neversleeps

ps i had no problems in knoppix when i was using that but im planning on dual booting with suse and xp and im trying to figure out alot of it before i install.

one other question. how do i activate and deactivate partitions in suse. its the new version i believe 9.1 i want to use windows bootloader but i dont have a floppy drive so i cant make a boot disk so i need to b able to activate the linux partition once its installed which is no problem in windows but then i need to b able to reactivate the windows partition from suse once its installed and ive made the boot sector image and have copied it on a cd. please enlighten me as i havent figured out alot of it yet but ive been doing alotttt of reading lately.
thanks again
if any of this seems like there is going to be a problem please correct me.

I used SuSe 7.0 Pro (very great) I had to mount the drives manually because I didn't know how to do it automatically

well, my SuSE 9.1 automatically mounts all windows partitions under /windows/C. check there.

otherwise you will have to mount them yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom