radeon driver tvout

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeatloader

Solid State Member
ok...anyone have any idea how to get ati's radeon 8500dv tv-out working?... i can get the driver to work for the regular monitor, but no matter what i do, i only get black screen on the tv-out part of it (i got a wild setup so dont ask..lol) anyway, if i put it back to vesa drivers, i can view my desktop on the tv-out part of it, however when i put in the ati drivers, tv-out goes black :/

yes, this is where i got my drivers :) *Glad to see a major company like ATI pushing towards linux also

and their setup does also go into setting up clone desktops and setting primary and tv-out as secondary ... i do this follow it through and still...just a black screen on startx... ps... when i use this and goto ctrl - alt- backspace...i have to hit it several times to finally get to a "somewhat" text screen... (its like 4 screens in one and really tiny to read) from the black screen...(monitor goes just as it should go... it goes to text right away)
so i know my monitor part is working great...(cept i need to rebuild the kernal for 3d....uck...lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom