Questions about ubuntu and kubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna try installing Windows 2000 just for fun, but I only have 250GB in my laptop. Maybe my next desktop build (hoping for 1TB or greater HDD) I'll have 5+ OS'es on, just for fun :)

Also, you do realize you can have KDE and GNOME on the same Ubuntu installation, don't you? You can just install "kubuntu-desktop" and it'll add KDE to your GNOME Ubuntu, then you can switch between them without dual booting.

Definitely Vista (Business 64, already got a copy ready), XP Home 32, OSX 10.5.2, possibly OSX 10.4, definitely the latest Ubuntu and possibly Kubuntu (from inside the install, so really not a 2nd OS), maybe Windows 2000 (based on NT kernel so it'd probably work).

haha,
you guys are great. 5 OS'es... crazyness!
I think I might not install ubuntu.. I really only use my PC for gaming so installing ubuntu just to have a nice pleasing look seems a bit much for me. Am I crazy..maybe.. but I just want functionality and efficiencies. but I still think ubuntu looks awesome..

Can always just make say a 10GB partition, and install Ubuntu on there, to see how you like it.

Ubuntu doesn't need much space. When I first had it I was too scared to format my main drive (lol) so I ended up pulling an ancient 5GB out of an old PC I had and put a full Ubuntu install on just that 5GB drive. I had a bunch of programs on it too. You can easily get by with just a 10GB partition for Ubuntu if you keep all your music, videos, documents, etc on your Windows partition (you can mount and read/write the files on your Windows partition with Ubuntu).

Why didn't you just install KDE in Ubuntu?

Cuz I'm still a newbie to linux and didn't know you could lol. Wanted to try out Kubuntu's interface tho too, without bothering my already-setup Ubuntu theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom