Question about Video Cards and Compiz Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetherh4cker

Corrupt Techie
Alright, I've used Beryl a little (never got it fully working on my Fedora Core 6 machine) but I thought it was pretty awesome. I'm planning on making a move to Ubuntu 7.04, but then I saw this:

YouTube - Compiz Fusion Development

That is beyond description in how cool it is. I can't believe things get that amazing! It's a movie about Compiz Fusion, which I understand is a lot like Beryl. My question is, does anyone know what kind of video card I would need to be able to handle that sort of action?

I'm browsing the compiz site at Compiz.org :: Home/Start - Compiz , but I don't see anything mentioning 'fusion'. Although my main question is how big of a video card would I need; I would more than appreciate any information on compiz and/or compiz fusion.

I can run Beryl almost flawlessly on my Geforce 5700, so it shouldn't take too much.

What do you mean by the 'remerging' of Compiz and Beryl? Do you mean that both are installed?

Beryl is a fork of Compiz, but now they're going to quit working on separate projects and combine them back into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom