Project Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

vk85

Beta member
hi,
i am a computer engineering student.
i need ideas for my final year project
i have very good knowledge of c,done 386 architecture & programming in detail, also done D.O.S device drivers.i want to do my project in core systems/kernel programming(UNIX Platform).
Actually i have just started studying unix i wanted to know some project ideas so that i can directly focus on those areas.
Please Help Me.

Create a device that attaches to the desktop keyboard, that beats the everlovingsnot out of any user who tries to do any of the following:

1. Post a question to TF without searching first
2. Flip out without RTFM
3. Tries to pirate software
4. Tries to post on TF for a free iPod

This device should have an add-on feature (USB of course) that castrates any user that has a problem with the above device.

Sounds like a good project to me.

How about a kernel driver (for whatever kernel you are using - linux? bsd? svr4?) to make some random usb gizmo work that didnt before. if you cant think of something, im sure i can think of some chunk of hardware hooked up to my box that needs drivers for some unix i use ;-)

here's one, find some unsupported digital camera and write a driver for it so it can be added to the libgphoto app

Are you really trying to build a kernel module? a driver for a userland program (like libgphoto)? or do you not care? if you need a specific piece of equipment to write a driver for, i'd be more than happy to suggest a device ;-)

* digs through his boxes of stuff to find something he doesnt feel like writing a driver for ;-) *

Hi there, I'm a comp-eng. student myself (freshman, though). As others have pointed out, I suggest you get in touch with driver developers. Hardware compatibility is something that definitely needs some assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom