Post your linux screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen shots

I like to keep up with the weather here in the great north and was curious what is that weather program I see running on several of your screens? And were can I get it.:D

How much programming will I have to learn to operate linux? And this may sound like a dumb question, but will I be able to operate Microsoft Word, and if not is there a comparable program for in its place?

sunnyjdsn... not the greatest place for your post, but I'll risk getting told that we're off topic to answer your questions. Firstly, to operate linux, you don't really need to learn how to program. Many people use linux for their everday work: word processing, internet access etc. However, to get under the hood and customize your computer... to handle security matters, system admin tasks etc etc etc, you'll have to grab some linux manuals and get reading. Once you hit that point, then you can think about programming... then again, it never hurts to know a good programming language. But again, not essential to run linux.
Linux does have several programs which are comparable (better) to msword, are FREE!!! and are fully compatible with the msword format... so if you need to edit an msword doc, you can do that right on your linux box ;)
Check out http://www.openoffice.org/
for a decent office suite.

Good luck with your endeavours.

And now, onto the topic at hand... a quick shot off the desktop.

Damn... only it's not quite as blurred... stupid gimp image scaling!

Attachments

• dvd_x_copy.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 23
if anybody is gonna post pics like mikes could u at least put a warning label or something cus I check this forum at school... it doesn't fly when big pics like that popup on me... Otherwise I dont mind

heheheh... good point... i was checking this forum in class yesterday. Although i didn't have the misfortune of seeing that particular screenshot.

I liked the screenshots. I have a suggestion though. How about also posting what linux version you're using and your interface/gui program for newbies like myself?

i'm using Mandrake 9.2 here, KDE is the manager.

hey, just started on Linux, i'm trying.

also, as a warning, it's not sexual or graphical but it has a huge picture of the most beautiful lady in the world.....

Attachments

• untitled-2.gif
    46.9 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom