Please Help Me..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahibvirk

Solid State Member
I always wanted to have linux and unix on my system. Now I have decided that its about time to do that . But i have got a problem as follows:-
So, please help

I have got :-
P-4 2.4Ghz
512 Mb ram
80 Gb HDD:-
1. 20Gb(Windows 98)
2. 20Gb(Windows XP)
3. 20Gb(Filled with usefull data)
4. 20Gb(Filled with usefull data)

I have Bought a new:-
80 Gb HDD
&
Fedora Core 4
FreeBSD UNIX
I want to install these two operating systems on this new hard drive
without needing to re-install my previous OS's. Can i use vmware
workstation to do that.
Please do reply....
or how can i do it with GRUB..............................

what do you need linux AND freebsd for? just install linux, and why do you have windows 98 AND xp? with the fedora installer, it will install a boot loader for you, i think its grub ... if not then well, yeah so it will install a bootloader for you, just make sure that when you configure the boot loader windows is on there.

Alright so let me get this straight, you want to have a Linux system, and have these random hds with random stuff?

ok this is what i think you want to do

• install the drive that dosnt have the usfull info on it (probly the 98)
    then download the OP that you want to use onto the comuter your using now
    then make a bootable CD with the OP that you want (if you dont know how ill post about how to later, just ask Here)
    then boot the cd in the system and formate the drive
    then do all the drivers Ect.
    then install the drives into the computer one by one as slave )if you dont know how ask here)
    then just getthe files out of the drive and such that you need and what not

i think this is what you want to do but if not then try to explame to me what you want and ill see what i can do

Yeah, whats with the Windows XP and 98?

First of all.

Install the harddrive, then partition it into two 40GB sections.

Then set the boot order up so disk is the first to boot.

Insert the disk, for whichever you want to install first, Im assuming there are disks? Then install the first on the first partition which would format it in the process I hope (I'm not familiar with Unix or Linux), and the second on the second partition.

fedora core installstion will bring you to a partition manager in setup. You probably wont need to format anything, just select the 98 partition and hit next, it should prompt you if you would like to format it or keep all partitions in tact select keep all intact. What this will do is tell grub to show a selection when you boot, the selection would be 98 or Fedora Core 4 select either one and either one should boot ive done this with Fedora Core 3 and Windows 2000

Does any one knows what he's talking about im a littel confused and i dont want tell him the roung thing, if I would be telling him anything at all.

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom