Playing games with Fedora Core 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbi_Bob

Baseband Member
How is playing games on fedora core 4 possible? I like fedora because its tons faster then windows. Its kind of a drag that you cant play games

You have three options.
1) Install Wine/Cedega and try to play games via that method. It's incredibly hard to configure and has compatibility issues with some games.
2) Find games with Linux installers. Play those.
3) Suck it up and dual boot with Windows.

There are a few games for Linux, including Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolf ET, Quake 3, Quake 4, Doom 3, UT2k4, etc. Just install them and install your video drivers, then play the games.

the only games i play are city of heroes and warcraft 3 what do you think the best option for playing these would be?

Both will run in Cedega, with a relatively decent speed/FPS. If you don't want to break out of Linux and are comfortable doing (perhaps, I don't know) a bit of tweaking, use Cedega, but if you want to be ABSOLUTELY sure these games will run, you'll probably want to use Windows.

would there be a decent tutorial somewhere describing how to get these games up and running? and is cedeaga free? thanks for all the help peeps.

Cedega is not free, it costs $5/mo and works fairly well. Those games should be fairly straight forward, install Cedega, run Cedega, and install the game with Cedega, then run the game with Cedega. Should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom