Piece of... very bad company!!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

winblowz

In Runtime
I heard that a company is trying to put claims on LINUX ITSELF. I think they are the company that is threatning to sue individual Linux users that have not purchased their "linux license" or something like that...

They claim to have copyright on SOURCE CODE IN THE KERNEL ITSELF, and now they THREATEN THE GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE itself!

Obviously I don't know much about this, plz fill me in :) lol

What do you all think about this nonsense.... what jerks would try to threaten....

Al

oh.... SCO.... thats just stupid... How much have they made off seeling licenses, 10G? Theres no way they can win this one, right? I hope not... Linux should always be open source. Any one who says otherwise is an M$ capitalist hoe.. LOL

i really don't like the idea that any company can "own" "linux" because they have some source in it's kernel...

What about all the people that have worked and devoted themselves to program the kernel, and release it as open source? Would all their work be in vein? ohh.. my bad, no, it wouldnt. BECAUSE SCO COULD USE THEIR WORK!

ahh... SCOs whole battle is REDICULOUS!
correct me if I'm wrong...

Thanks for the link, Oberjaeger. I hadn't heard anything about that lawsuit lately.

This is the quote that I find the most interesting from that website:

"Allegations have materialized that Caldera/SCO have incorporated Linux source code in their own proprietary UnixWare product."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom