PfSense to Openwrt on alix board

xamxam

Beta member
Hello, i've been wrestling with a bull for a few days, i've been in dire need since the last PfSense update, i have some alix boards with PfSense used only for VPN Ipsec, they have 95 MB RAM wich now is too little for PfSense so the web GUI keeps crashing and every time i need to do something i have to reboot and i get a few seconds until is crashes again, so i've decided to switch to Openwrt.
I like PfSense alot, but since im only using the VPN, all the krimskrams is just kinda in the way.

now, i've tried to install Openwrt on my CF card using a USB CF reader, i've followed the guide on their website but i still can't get it to work, does any one here have any experience with Openwrt on Alix board? Thanks.
i dont know the model of the alix board :q hope that wont be a problem, but it must be a pretty old model since it's only got 95 MB RAM

What exactly do you mean by "Since the last PFSense update"? Did you go from 2.2.x to 2.3 in a production environment with out any form of backup, or testing...?

All that aside, you kind have to know what model board you have, because it's highly probable that OpenWRT isn't compatible with your particular one.

I got it working :) could still do with a bit more RAM, but it seems to do a decent enough job:)

Back
Top Bottom