Pcmcia

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN

In Runtime
I have a dlink PC card and linux does not seem to detect it at all. What do I have to do. I am running Fedora core 2 and at boot up I see the pcmcia serivece start.

BTW, to get fedora core 3 can you just upgrade and not do a full install. What are the advantages to the latest version?

Thank you

goto redhats site and see if its listed in their hardware compatibility list, if it isnt there still may be a way, but it will involve some hacking and a few workarounds, if its possible at all

More than likely the difference in F-core 2 and 3 is probably a newer kernel and a few other later versions of some of the software in the distro, possibly the latest version of Gnome or KDE, thats easily checked.There's probably a changelog listing that you can check that will list everything, often times there are some bug fixes as well.

well the story behind that is idealogy and methodology

In the past, before windows, hardware always had some of its own intelligence and functions built in, for example even todays serial modems are like that, then windows came along, they make it in vogue to install "dumb" hardware and use software for the drivers, with its popularity came an overwhelming amount of different hardware, and because linux doesnt have the market share windows does, drivers can be tough to deal with

so choose your hardware carefully, its even worse with apple products LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom