PC Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol figures. why is windows so much easyerthan linux?

there arnt any commands or consoles or antyhing you have to deal with on a regular basis

The terminal is more convenient than clickity, clickity, click.

It's only easy because it's what you know. You didn't know how to use Windows when you first started, you just can't remember it being difficult.

But if you consider getting viruses, running scanware, clicking that mouse, instability, BSoD, and impossible window navigation is easy, then you're just wrong.

K/X/Ubuntu is fine for when you are just starting out. The problem for me is the 'user friendliness' makes it less user friendly for people who actually know what they are doing.

Example: Replacing Xscreensaver with Gnome-Screensaver

Greg said:
K/X/Ubuntu is fine for when you are just starting out. The problem for me is the 'user friendliness' makes it less user friendly for people who actually know what they are doing.

Example: Replacing Xscreensaver with Gnome-Screensaver

but if you know what you're doing, why is it a problem?

Why should I get a distro that has a lot of work to do on it to make it usable, when the original intent the creators of the distro had was to make it usable out of the box? That's what the problem is. It's not that those things can't be fixed, it's the "why should I have to fix them?" that is the problem.

TheRecluse said:
but if you know what you're doing, why is it a problem?
I meant that in the Dapper update they replaced Xscreensaver with Gnome-Screensaver, so I had to change it back (Gnome-Screensaver has far less features). No huge problem, but a hassle nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom