PC Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then keep trying mate,

I myself tried over 40 before I found one that was usable, But I first larnt the fundamentals doing a course. then I started looking at distros. What did the Distro Chooser tell you?

It is easy to feel overwhelmed I know the first 6months using Linux and I didn't like it at all. but with over 200 Linux distros you are bound to up with somthing

try these:

OPENSUSE
http://www.opensuse.org/Download

Mephis
http://www.mepis.org/

and in all honesty if you don't use Linux then fine, it ain't for everyone windows does the job. start with a Live CD and work your way upwards, this is what I did and haven't looked back since

Jake

Being (virtually) immune to viruses and spyware is only one of many reasons to use Linux.

stability, no viruses, no ad/spyware, complete customization, free (for the most part)

there are plenty of reasons to use it. you just have to be willing to learn.

massacreinfallx said:
thanks, but is the only reason you use it because of theno virus thing?

The General said:
So you think that using Windows and having all those firewalls, pop-up blockers, virus scanners, spyware doctors, registry corruption detectors, registry cleaners, dll finders, security centers, critical updates, themes to make it look at all presentable, hijacked browsers and memory leaks is making your computer run efficiently?

The General said:
Security suites, firewalls, critical updates, virus scanners, spyware cleaners, sounds like a big hassle to me.

No, Window Blinds make whats already ugly, look slighly better. It's like putting a bunch of make-up on an ugly fat chick, shes still ugly and fat, just not as ugly.

No, moving windows around in Windows is a pain in the arse, Expose and XGL/Compiz's scatter/scale features actually make window nagivation possible. Until they came out, window navigation was a joke. And no, Vista's Super+Tab feature doesn't come close.

I don't know, you tell me? You're the one who decided to try it in the first place, and asked for help. You're the one who gave up quickly, not me, and not other Linux users, so don't question our motives, question yours.

Just read the posts and you'll see that its not the only reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom