PC Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if you have a good firewall and security suite viruses and such shouldnt be a problem. windowblinds makes everything look great (i dont use it but only because i dont think xp is that ugly) and navagating through xp has to be one of the most eforless things ive ever done in my life. probably only because ive been doing it for so long, but linux just seems like a hastle now.i mean, who wants to restart and switch os's just to play a game or use a certain app? no me. not when i couldjust use windows for everything.

massacreinfallx said:
well if you have a good firewall and security suite viruses and such shouldnt be a problem.

Security suites, firewalls, critical updates, virus scanners, spyware cleaners, sounds like a big hassle to me.

massacreinfallx said:
windowblinds makes everything look great (i dont use it but only because i dont think xp is that ugly)

No, Window Blinds make whats already ugly, look slighly better. It's like putting a bunch of make-up on an ugly fat chick, shes still ugly and fat, just not as ugly.

massacreinfallx said:
and navagating through xp has to be one of the most eforless things ive ever done in my life. probably only because ive been doing it for so long,

No, moving windows around in Windows is a pain in the arse, Expose and XGL/Compiz's scatter/scale features actually make window nagivation possible. Until they came out, window navigation was a joke. And no, Vista's Super+Tab feature doesn't come close.

massacreinfallx said:
but linux just seems like a hastle now.i mean, who wants to restart and switch os's just to play a game or use a certain app? no me. not when i couldjust use windows for everything.

I don't know, you tell me? You're the one who decided to try it in the first place, and asked for help. You're the one who gave up quickly, not me, and not other Linux users, so don't question our motives, question yours.

linux isn't that hard to learn. it just takes some getting used to. i guess this is a form of natural selection though...

to each his own

That's not what it's about. It's about being different, being challenged, and being rewarded once you work hard at getting it to work.

But if you don't even have the patience to configure your network, or read some guides, then this is all lost on you and you probably shouldn't be using Linux anyways.

macdude425 said:
That's not what it's about. It's about being different, being challenged, and being rewarded once you work hard at getting it to work.

But if you don't even have the patience to configure your network, or read some guides, then this is all lost on you and you probably shouldn't be using Linux anyways.

hmmm yeah. none of that matters to me. i just want my pc to be as easy to use and efficient as possible.

massacreinfallx said:
hmmm yeah. none of that matters to me. i just want my pc to be as easy to use and efficient as possible.

So you think that using Windows and having all those firewalls, pop-up blockers, virus scanners, spyware doctors, registry corruption detectors, registry cleaners, dll finders, security centers, critical updates, themes to make it look at all presentable, hijacked browsers and memory leaks is making your computer run efficiently?

massacreinfallx,

Maybe your not using the right distro to suit your needs... I know distos are all the same under the hood but maybe you need something a little easier to get you started, A "noob friendly" distro as it were what distro are you using Now? try the Linux distro Chooser, see if it matches (ignore if it says Ubunu, it matches that for everything!) but there should be other options there as well try one of those

http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/

Next try a bit of reading, these Links should help you out:
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/index.html
http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz

and if you are into books:
Linux for Dummies 6th Edition

Also are you using either Wireless or Dialup cause using either one with Linux is a pain, but give us the distro you are using and we'll help you out

hope this Helps,

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom