Partition error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGarcia

Beta member
All right, before I start, I am COMPLETELY new to the world of dual-booting, Linux, and mostly everything else relating to this. After a stupid mistake, I left Ubuntu without an interface, so booting into it only gives me the command line, which I cannot use very well. I've been booting into Windows, trying to delete the other partition, but an error doesn't allow me to. I tried formatting, but to no avail (yet another error). After another dumb decision (deleted a small partition (swap space?)), it's completely unbootable. The first thing I get is a grub error and cannot even boot from a CD.

Overall, I basically messed up my computer with my inexperience. However, I would like to somehow format the drive completely and just install Ubuntu on there. I can't do this because of GRUB and its error (error 17, I believe).

If somebody can recommend the best solution for this, I would be very grateful.
Thank you.

(Also, if I wasn't clear on something, which I probably wasn't, just ask and I'll explain it better)

Wow, that topic was made on the same day... I should seriously read more.

Anyway, thanks. I'm going to download a Windows CD and wipe out everything (I have no access to a floppy drive), then partition it within Windows or install Ubuntu over that if I don't want partitions.

It'll work like that, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom